Gel Polish


I took the plunge! I bought one of those UV lamps off of Amazon to try gel polish. I tried Gelaze Polish because it only has two steps where most of the others have three. There was a minor catastrophe when one of the lightbulbs came apart in my hands and I had to reassemble it (yeah for me!) to get it to work, I even had to re-bend the little wires… yikes. I’m not sure the UV lights are very high quality but they worked today! I’ll let you know how the polish holds up… :)


Oh yeah… That is my new wedding ring that I picked out. I think we should mix it up every twenty years don’t you? I thought that it looked simple and stylish. I was worried the wide band would be uncomfortable but it isn’t. Yay!

Oh deer!


Those are some big horns deer dudes… right outside our front door!

Beef stroganoff


She is making me lunch… But she has a new question every two seconds. “What size spoon should I use?” “Is this water boiling?” “Is this a clove of garlic?” “How many ounces in a cup?” Doesn’t she know I’m a horrible cook? This could break bad…

Making progress


So I was gonna have someone else quilt it and at the last minute I couldn’t send it off… I tried doing free motion and my machine was acting up so I just went with a simple grid, nothing fancy. :)


20 years baby!


Today we have been married for 20 years! (26 if you count the dating!) Yay for us.

Wildstar level 50


I did it… got my character to the level cap! Woohoo… oh wait no woohoo… somehow I don’t even care. Sigh… I thought it was gonna be a great game and instead it was just ho-hum. They have tons of group content that everyone says is really hard at level 50 but I’m not up for two hour dungeon runs, or let’s be real… anything “really hard.”

In this photo you can see all my cute plushies… I want more of those. Maybe I’ll hunt down a few more for my collection. ;) Or maybe I’ll ditch gaming for a bit and work on a new quilt… Such taxing choices for the modern woman. My life is good.

Our boat


Finally we met up with the boat. Time for a tiny rest after our big day of walking? Nope. It was 7pm and time for dinner and then we had to pack, our plane leaves early tomorrow and it will be a long day. It is sad to say farewell to a very nice trip.

Psst… see that mini statue of liberty behind the bridge? Apparently there are four in Paris and we were parked near one of them.

Arc de Triomphe


After Versailles we took a train to the arch…


We walked from the arch…


all over the shopping area… Look at this Sephora! It never ends… We walked so long that on this day I got a new walking record using my fitbit. 31,876 steps in one day! Yikes… We had to amuse ourselves until the boat docked and it was late, hence… walk-a-thon!


The one negative about Paris… tons of smokers.

Oh my… Versailles


Luckily we got there early and didn’t have to wait in this line!


Here we are… the happy little family… I think we took this photo on the way out and we were all ready to ditch the crowds!


There were just a few people there… but the hall of mirrors still looked rather amazing.


Little ol’ me in front of one of the many gardens.


We walked all over the grounds and they were massive. We got lost once but Dude had his phone so we were able to navigate our way out… Yay for phones! (What can I say, after awhile one topiary just blended into the next. ;) )

Château Gaillard


Today we visited Château Gaillard, once a fortress built by Richard the Lionheart. In the photo you can see they put all the pretty brick on the outside and used anything inside. Even back in the day the pretty brick was too expensive. :)


Siene at night


Of course as we left the light show all the bridges were lit up on our walk back to the ship.

Light show


Remember this cathedral….


Apparently at night they have a light show on it…


unfortunately it was at 11pm! Which is late for us early birds.


I’m glad we went… It was rather amazing.


Joan of Arc and Ceramics


Today I played hookey. The whole boat (almost) went to the Normandy Beaches Tour. It was a two hour bus ride (four hours round trip) in the rain to see World War II museums. I wasn’t up for it so I decided to stay back. Instead I went inside the Eglise Sainte-Jeanne d’Arc and saw this gorgeous stained glass.


Did I mention Rouen is the town where Joan of Arc was martyred, hence the name of this church. Apparently you can hear voices, as Joan did, they just can’t be divine. Because she said she spoke to God she was burned at the stake.


I also found the Musee de la Ceramique. It is amazing to imagine each bit of this design was hand painted. The museum was full of beautiful ceramics. Such talent and patience. I guess there were no video games to distract them. ;)



Today we took a super short bus ride to Rouen.


The town is very old… very, very old…


and has the beautiful Church of Saint-Maclou.


It also has the Cathedrale Notre-Dame de Rouen…


Which of course has some stained glass.

We went to the local museum because Monet made many paintings of the Cathedrale Notre-Dame de Rouen. I dragged everyone to see these paintings instead of shopping at all of the cute boutiques and of course I got bossed about again regarding my backpack…

Seine locks


This was the last lock before Rouen.


Traveling down the Seine we saw lots of beautiful homes…


and some people played chess.